1850 Rostock shipyard „Neptun“ was founded.
1936 „Max Rohde shipyard“ was founded in Gehlsdorf
1994 Abeking & Rasmussen and Meyer Werft found A & R Neptun Werft.
Since 1994 Maintenance and repair work carried out on more than 1,000 yachts and ships belonging to the German Navy and German authorities, among others.
1995 – 1996 First expansion phase: Over € 23 million is invested to convert the shipyard into one of the most modern in Europe, including construction of a ship lift with a capacity of up to 1,500 t.
2003 – 2006 Second expansion phase:
• Total investment of € 38 million
• production hall areas are increased to 24,000 m2, total site area covers 70,000 m2
• one of the largest 5-axis CNC milling centres in the world is installed
• shipyard is certified by all relevant authorities and environmental agencies
October 2009 Heiner Tamsen acquires the shipyard and operates under the name of TAMSEN MARITIM. Increased focus on building of authority and special vessels.
2009 – 2020 total investment of € 5 million for continous improvement of productivity